The healing effects of smoke saunas have been used in Finnish culture for centuries. There is plenty of research data pointing to the positive effects of the sauna on well-being.
The sauna is heated from the early morning onwards. The heat is even, relaxing and smooth. In the summer, a swim in the lake – and in the winter, a dip in an ice hole in the lake – provide refreshment between sauna sessions. The traditional kota hut has an open fire for grilling and we prepare a small supper depending on the season.
The sauna is accompanied by the traditional Finnish drink: beer.
- PRICE: 590 €
- THE PRICE INCLUDES: smoke sauna 2 hours, supper, a drink, guide services, towels and bathrobes, sauna slippers and hat. A sauna diploma as a souvenir.
- DURATION: 4–5 hours
- GROUP SIZE: up to 6 people
- SUITABLE FOR: small groups, families, friends, individuals
- LANGUAGES: english
- AVAILABILITY: 1 September – 15 June
- LOCATION: Ristiina, Lake Kaitajärvi. The nearest train/bus station is in Mikkeli (25 km away)